Go check out new items in the store. If you are interested in any of the new pieces contact me.
I’ve been asked a few times about what kind of tools I use, where do I find furniture, what kind of paint to use etc. So I figured I would write a post for all of you who are interested.
1. What kind of paint do you use? I use lot’s of different paint. Annie Sloan chalk paint, Benjamin Moore, Valspar, Olympic and various spray paint.
2. Which paint do you like the best? So far I like Olympic One. It is an enamel full acrylic paint. The finish is hard and it’s not to expensive.
3. What type of tools do you use? Hmmmm. pretty much whatever my husband buys for me He’s great about stuff like that. He owns and Auto repair shop so he is constantly “in the know” when it comes to “cool tools”. To be more specific though I use a Skil orbital sander, Snap on Blue point paint sprayer, craftsman table saw, craftsman skill saw, craftsman miter saw, Skil jig saw, Dewalt Drills, Bosh scroll saw, Kreg pocket hole jig etc. I could go on and on. It seems like doing this job will help you to acquire LOTS of tools.
3. Where do you find the furniture that you refinish? I usually get stuff from friends, off the side of the road (for real), thrift stores and Antique stores like C&J’s Antiques. I also build a lot of my things.
4. Do you love to refinish things or is it more like a job now? I thank God that he has allowed me to follow my dreams and make some money doing it. It’s a lot of hard work so yes it’s a job but I do love it.
5. How do you know what to price things at? I take the cost + materials + my hourly wage and BAM there you go “PRICED!”
If you have any other questions you need answered comment below and I will get back to you. Have a great night y’all
I was lucky enough to build some floating shelves for a clients kitchen makeover. We have been adding new items along the way and the shelves were the finishing touch. We will be adding a backsplash soon and I’ve been thinking of doing a tutorial on that. stay tuned but for now here are some before and after photos.
Made this simple spa bench today thanks to Ana-White!
I am building a new bedroom. Not the actual room just the stuff inside. I take most of my inspiration for furniture from Pottery Barn. Thankfully I was able to find my bed plans on Ana White. I wasn’t able to find the plans for the pottery barn dresser I want but that is ok I will get it done. I will continue to update the blog and let you all know how the progress is. So far I’ve got my bed completed I just need my new mattress which gets delivered on the 23rd of January. I will put it all together and have myself a little photog day!
Inspiring Bed Linen from Ikea
Inspiring Bed from Pottery Barn
Inspiring Dresser from Pottery Barn
Inspiring Side Table from Pottery Barn
I don’t really want to use this as an excuse for not having what I want in a home. Now I agree with the little saying “home is where the heart is” but do we all have to suffer with…blah just because we rent? I don’t think so. I’m lucky to have a landlord who is fairly flexible when it comes to “re-imagining” my home. I figured I would start with the small things like my front door.
Black Lowes Paint 25.00
Paint Brush on hand Free